A Piece of Cake Designs A Piece of Cake Designs home FAQs view cart

Monday 17 August 2015

Messy Monday- Belinda Griffin: 'Always be you'


Hi All,

Belinda here today with my very first post! All those who have recieved their kits will already know just how gorgeous they are this month, as always. I was super excited to recieve my cupcake kit, my brain has been overflowing with ideas ever since.

Those who have seen my layouts before will know I'm not a very 'messy' scrapper. I tend to shy away from too much paint, mixed media etc. But I absolutely adored this paint colour and wanted to make it a feature on my first layout. To keep things in line with my own style I decided I wanted to use it to create my own graphic, bold background. I lined my page with tape and then used the cute little roller to paint over the entire page, creating a fun striped background. Isn't the colour of this paint so pretty?!



Because I wanted the paint to be the focal point of the layout I kept the rest simple with lots of white space. A few layers of the gorgeous Happy Things Papers under one photo and the tag under the other added dimension, whilst the sweet little alphas helped create the perfect title.
I wrapped some of the twine around the bottom of the smaller photo, I love doing this on photos/tags, it adds a great little focal point. I also added some little triangles of the pink washi tape, this is one of my favourite little quick and easy DIY embellishments, it helps add some extra interest and draw focus to the photos.
Of course I had to add one of the patterned wood veneer, I was in love with these the minute I saw them! A few stickers and a quick scatter of sequins and the layout was complete!
Thanks for stopping by today, I look forward to seeing to sharing more with you over the coming months.



1 comment:

  1. Awesomeness ♡ Love those painted stripes! Thanks for the inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete

 
A Piece of Cake Designs Blog, All Rights Reserved
Blog Theme by Mod Melon Creative