A Piece of Cake Designs A Piece of Cake Designs home FAQs view cart

Thursday 15 January 2015

THOUGHTFUL THURSDAY - Anna Allan; Using sentiments on layouts...


Hello APOCD friends!
I am back today with my last share using the December Cupcake Kit.


Sometimes I have a page design in my head that I get super keen to make real. 
In this instance, the papers were just so gorgeous and had so many varied patterns that they were perfect for the page I had created in my mind.
I chose to use a couple of photos that highlights some things about Christmas - you don't always have to use photos of people hey!?!


I absolutely LOVED the Martha Stewart gold paint in the kit. In this instance, I had chosen a white cardstock with embossed circles on it. I highlighted some of these circles with the gold paint using a cotton bud (yeah those things you use to clean your ears out with - they have more than one use! haha!)

I cut the papers into 'Christmas tree' shapes and also the photos I snuck in there too.

It's a layout that doesn't exactly document anything but the happiness, joy, and brightness of Christmas. I aim to use this as an intro page to December in my 2014 Project Life album (yes, I am still plodding along with it!!)
So when it came to a title and journalling - I simply added a Christmas greeting (part of the ephemera pack) and wrote a nice little sentiment to go with it...they don't have to be limited to just cards :-)

I love how bright and happy this page turned out - it's exactly how I see Christmas and hope that all our Christmases (and yours too) are like this always!

And that's December wrapped up for me!
Just a heads up that the January kits are looking SO utterly wonderful - you won't wanna miss getting your hands on these!

Anna :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
A Piece of Cake Designs Blog, All Rights Reserved
Blog Theme by Mod Melon Creative