A Piece of Cake Designs A Piece of Cake Designs home FAQs view cart

Monday 12 January 2015

MESSY MONDAY - Anna Allan; I Love Texture Paste!


I am back again with a smaller size layout (6x8") that will go with the other page I posted here last Friday. Again using the December Cupcake Kit.

I really like stencils. I use them alot!
So I was thrilled to see a Tim Holtz Christmas themed stencil in the kit. I used it as part of my background on this page.

I wanted some more depth to the words on the page created by the stencil so I pulled out my trusty texture paste! I applied the stenciled words to 2/3rds of one side of the paper so I could create a kind of margin on the other side with another strip of patterned paper stuck down with that gorgeous gold dotted washi tape. 

Once the texture paste was dry, I dabbed and swiped the gold paint (LOVE!!!) randomly over the textured words with my finger - YEP! no fancy gizmo used here, just get those fingers and hands in on it ;-) LOL!

From the kit, I also used the cute little circle tag to pop the date on the page and also a sentiment die-cut from the ephemera pack.

Loved the way it all turned out!


Thanks for dropping by!
Happy Creating!

Anna :-)



No comments:

Post a Comment

 
A Piece of Cake Designs Blog, All Rights Reserved
Blog Theme by Mod Melon Creative