A Piece of Cake Designs A Piece of Cake Designs home FAQs view cart

Tuesday 2 December 2014

Tutorial Tuesday - Felicity - Pattern Papers

 
 
 
Hello.
Felicity today to share with you the way that I 'see' papers when I get them.
In the November main kit you have Crate Paper "open book" - full Heart Paper. Now when I first saw this paper I did originally thing, Project Life. But I wanted to 'try' something different, so the first thing I did, was cut them all up and put them aside. I then decided they would be great for layering under my photo map and also some the of ones that have lovely sentiments would be great 'showcase' . With that in mind, all my inspiration for this page came from that one piece of paper.
 
 
 
I then saw the Crate paper 'open road' - recollection paper and just loved all the colours Straight away I knew I wanted to fussy cut the pattern. I then realised that  it would little rather cute tucked somewhere in my page. I fussy cut the paper and then sat them aside.
 
 
 
then when I saw the Maggie Holmes 'open book' gold label stickers, I knew I wanted them create an embellishment. With that in mind I was able to create two 'prize ribbons' for my page.
next time you look at some papers, look at the shapes and see what can be cut up to create something different with that paper.
 
 
 
Happy crafting! XO
 
 

1 comment:

 
A Piece of Cake Designs Blog, All Rights Reserved
Blog Theme by Mod Melon Creative