A Piece of Cake Designs A Piece of Cake Designs home FAQs view cart

Friday 26 December 2014

Friday Favorites with Aimee Dow - Project Life


The question I get asked more than any other is why did I give up Project Life? This is a fair assumption given how often I publish a spread, but the truth is I never did. I do less of it because I find it more time consuming than regular scraping and there is only so many PL spreads I can promise to my Creative Teams - there is only 52 weeks in a year after all. So it was indeed very nice to feel the urge to create a Project Life spread with last months Cupcake Kit.


I am pleased to say I didn't use anything that was not in the kit other than a few Maggie Holmes flowers. All in all it's a pretty simple layout. Lots of photos with a few design techniques that I use over and over again for consistency. An example of this would be the circles - circle stamps, circle cropped photos, sequins, flairs and die cut elements.


I know things are a little hard to see in the full spread photo, but I always aim to include one so you can get a sense of balance.


Week 28 was smack bang in the middle of the winter holidays. I chose to use the kit for this week because Heidi Swapp's September Skies reminds me of winter.


I worked hard to create a lot of layers with the flowers and the ephemera this week because it's unusual to have all 3 girls in our house at the one time. I thought it best to grab the opportunity while I could.


I stacked the transparent flowers over the negative space on this photo.


Then I replicated the same feeling above with the Jamie Olive stickers from Safeway, that we had been collecting for our god daughter. Fear not parents, these were doubles. I have come to learn just how serious a matter these collectibles are.


Finally I built up a poise around the flair to finish out the page and add a little more balance. I popped a few up on foam dots so there wasn't such a contrast in height between the flair and background.

So there you have it. I still got it. If you would like to try a page like this for yourself, last months cupcake kit is still available in the store.

Aimee xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
A Piece of Cake Designs Blog, All Rights Reserved
Blog Theme by Mod Melon Creative