A Piece of Cake Designs A Piece of Cake Designs home FAQs view cart

Friday 31 October 2014

FRIDAY FAVOURITES - Anna Allan; Everyday Life cards...



Hello there.
Today I am sharing a set of three 3x4" cards I have created using the October Cupcake Kit.


My favourite things out of this kit are the PUFFY STICKERS!
Closely followed by the stamp and that speech bubble paper!

I have used all these three things on my cards somewhere.



I have used the Becky Higgins Project Life grid cards as a base for all three cards and then products from this month's Cupcake Kit to decorate them.

CARD ONE


On this card I have cut one of the black doilies in half and have attached it with my tiny attacher to half of the card. I have chosen a photo and adhered that on top. Enter that awesome speech bubble paper! I have cut one of the speech bubbles out of the paper and stapled that in the top corner of the card, writing a sentiment on it. I used the alphas in the kit to read YAY as a title for the card - Yay for it being a glorious sunny day, Yay for being outdoors in it, and YAY for being together to enjoy the day!
For some added decoration I stuck a few of the patterned dots randomly on the card.

CARD TWO


I have pulled out the stamp and the chalk ink from the kit for this one and created the background. I have then grabbed a Studio Calico Colour Theory ink pad in grey and just stamped that as a panel in the middle to house my sentiment.
I have handwritten the 'everyday' myself and then...dum dum da dah...those puffy stickers finished off the sentence very well!! Aren't they cute!?!
Along the bottom I have stuck a strip of the yellow washi tape and an offcut of one of the papers from the kit. The twine was perfect to add that extra little decorative touch in the form of a bow.

CARD THREE


You can tell I can't seem to get enough of that speech bubble paper - I've added a strip of it down the side of this card. It's amazing how far you can stretch a 6x6" piece of paper ;-)
Using the chalk ink from the kit, I have just swiped the other side of the card with it. 
Add a strip of the black washi, one of the printed transparent stickers and another puffy sticker along with the photos and words and that's another card DONE!!
.
Now to just slot them into my Project Life album :-)


Until next time...

Anna :-)



No comments:

Post a Comment

 
A Piece of Cake Designs Blog, All Rights Reserved
Blog Theme by Mod Melon Creative