A Piece of Cake Designs A Piece of Cake Designs home FAQs view cart

Wednesday 15 October 2014

DESIGNER INSPIRATION - Natalie May; Cards with the kit scraps

Hi everyone

Using the ample scraps I have left from my main kit, I decided to whip up a couple of quick cards.

Card 1 ... hello ....I love making easle cards. They are super simple and really very easy and most importantly they look really impressive. 


To make this card I cut some kraft to be 4x12. Then cut off a 4x4 piece .. this is my front. I then folded the remaining 8x4 in half then folded one side back on itself.


I added some of the gorgeous orange, pink and white stripe to the front then added a cameo cut, prima flower and some metallic and aqua washi to finish. On the inside you need to create an edge for the front to sit on so a couple of strips of paper and a cameo cut is perfect.



Card 2 .... wishing u loveUsing some black cardstock I folded it to create a gate fold …. 


One side is a little under four inches and the other is about two inches. This just makes this card look a little different. 

I used the gorgeous transparency and cut two pieces to size then stapled them to the black card. (I stapled under where my embellishments would be). 



Using a nail file I sanded off the words from the cork embellishment and added my sentiment using the thickers and studio calico alphas.


Card 3 .... thanksAnother simple card. 



White cardstock folded in half, one small paper at the top with the darker arrow paper at the bottom. 

I added a smaller piece of vellum over the top and wrapped the orange twine around a couple of times  before sticking the whole lot to the front of my card. Again I sanded off the white words as they just didnt suit, added the blue alphas and using foam tape added it to my card. A few of the super cute flower sequins finished it off nicely.




I hope you have found todays post inspiring and that it has provided you with ways to use up those kit scraps!


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
A Piece of Cake Designs Blog, All Rights Reserved
Blog Theme by Mod Melon Creative