A Piece of Cake Designs A Piece of Cake Designs home FAQs view cart

Monday 22 September 2014

Designer Inspiration - Lisa Pate. Girly Grunge

Hello Everyone!!!

I'm back to share another project I put together with the August Main Kit.   The kit was full of super pretty colours and embellishments... BUT my 14 year old has morphed from the girliest little girl ... into a music loving, black wearing, combat boot lover kind of teen.  Which I LOVE. 

But the colours in the kit needed a little grunging up to suit her.

So I set to work.

Here is a few ideas on how to turn pretty papers into grungy goodness.

  • Gesso.  I slathered it on my base cardstock as well as liberally brushed it over my papers after attaching them to my papers.  It's patchy, and lumpy and bumpy.  Perfect.
  • Staples.  They are awesome to attach anything quickly, but they add a little more metal to a pretty page.
  • Crumple, fold, tear.  Crumpling, folding, and tearing all add more texture.
  • Splatter and spray.  You all have sprays or water colours to splash and spray around,  I used them both on my base cardstock and over the whole layout.
  • Scribble it. Grab a pen or pencil and scribble.  A border, a design element (circles were used on my layout) or your journalling.
  • Scratch it up.  Those gold alphas were just a little too shiny.  So I took my scissors to them and gave them a scratching up.
 Here is my layout, and lots of other images to show you how it came together.








Thanks for stopping by everyone.  I hope it inspires to you take papers and kits and make them suit your theme or personality.

Lisa

1 comment:

 
A Piece of Cake Designs Blog, All Rights Reserved
Blog Theme by Mod Melon Creative