A Piece of Cake Designs A Piece of Cake Designs home FAQs view cart

Sunday 18 May 2014

Designer Inspiration ... Natalie May


  
Happy Sunday Peeps.

Are you loving the April Cupcake Kit as much as I am?
 

I have been home from our NZ holiday only a few days 
and have had so much fun with it already!

The first project I'm showing you is using the gorgeous bright
Heidi Swapp papers and the Black Designers Gouache.

This is a really simple and effective technique 
and these papers really make it work


I used Studio Multi-Medium in Matte as my adhesive 
and created a collage background.


I kept the Black Gouache fairly thick to paint the black border around the edge 
and to hand paint the title.
I also used a latex sponge and a spotty mask to add a little dimension too. 
I used a black Sharpie for the journaling.

Kinda loving this effect!

Next week I'll show you my attempt at scripty writing with the 
brush and Black Designers Gouache.

Thanks for stopping by
Natalie May


2 comments:

  1. Just found you through Counterfeit Kit Challenge. Love this layout, for the techniques, effects ,and most importantly for the message, which I needed to hear, right at this very moment. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete

 
A Piece of Cake Designs Blog, All Rights Reserved
Blog Theme by Mod Melon Creative