A Piece of Cake Designs A Piece of Cake Designs home FAQs view cart

Monday 7 April 2014

Designer Insiration - Lisa Pate - Itty Bitty Collage



Hello Everyone,

I'm here to share one of the layouts I created using the March Full Kit.  There are so many pretty papers and elements in the kit perfect to create a collage background.



Creating collages is one of my "go to" techniques, and a lovely way to use up all those little bits on your desk. I usually just grab random papers and use whatever size it happens to already be.  This time I purposfully cut little *bits* that were approximately the same.  I used double sided tape to atach them to my page, overlapping them.

Then out came my trusty sewing machine and I stitched through all the layers.  Not feeling it was quite finished I then went over with my palette knife and gesso.  Once dry I had a lovely textured background to build upon.  Such fun!

 




Add a few little details and you are done.

Thanks for stopping by,

Lisa


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
A Piece of Cake Designs Blog, All Rights Reserved
Blog Theme by Mod Melon Creative