A Piece of Cake Designs A Piece of Cake Designs home FAQs view cart

Thursday 6 February 2014

Flairs, veneers and your scraps!!

Hi everyone!
Are you like me and get all excited after CHA seeing all the new releases about to hit our stores???
Well it's also the time for me to use up some scraps to make way for new products! And as I have been extremely lucky to be receiving the Piece of Cake kits each month I tend to have a few papers, embellishments and flairs left over! So I decided to start making and decorating some small journals.
You can use them as small mini albums, note books, planning books, photo book, art journal...the list is extensive!
I have one to show you today.



I have made this quite simply by cutting a piece of patterned paper ( or use a scrap already cut to the size you want). I then just cut up plain printer paper ( you could use watercolour paper, ledger paper whatever you want) slightly smaller than your patterned paper cover. Fold them all in half and lying the plain papers crease on top of the covers crease take your sewing machine and sew them down the crease!
I often turn my cover over then and sew over the outside too!
 You can decorate however you want! I have used the awesome wooden veneer cards and cut it down to fit on the side of my journal.
I have used mists and masks, stamps and of course some "Cherry Flairs". 

To create the circles I just used pieces of washi tape stuck on white cardstock and then cut into circles. I used a stencil and scissors but you could use a circle punch if you had one!
Alternatively if you are like me and you already have some pre prepared backgrounds prepared for layouts or backgrounds that just didn't turn out, cut them up as your journal covers and add some veneer cards and flairs!
Have fun using your left overs from past kits!
Ebony x

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
A Piece of Cake Designs Blog, All Rights Reserved
Blog Theme by Mod Melon Creative