A Piece of Cake Designs A Piece of Cake Designs home FAQs view cart

Monday 3 February 2014

DESIGNER - Lisa Pate | Creating with Cherry Flair Buttons


Hello Everyone! I'm back to show you a super quick and easy project using the gorgeous Cherry Flair.   I love using these cute little elements in just about every paper crafting project.


This past weekend I spent time sorting and organising my crafting space.  It came together really well but I wanted some little handmade elements rather than regular labelling.  I quickly pulled together some cute tags for my storage baskets.




Supplies 

 Cherry Flair Buttons, tags, scraps of fabric, washi tape, twine, mini stapler, ink pad and alpha stamps

Put it Together 

  • Layer Strips of alternating fabric strips and washi tape over the bottom half of your tag, cut the overhang from the edges
  • Attach your Cherry Flair Button to your tag ( I like to use foam mounting tape)
  • Loosely wrap twine around the Flair and staple into place.
  • Stamp the top and bottom of the tag with your chosen word, I love random "part of the word" stamping as well as making sure you get at least one clear image of what you have chosen.
  • Thread some twine and a fabric strip through the top of the tag.

I used my tags to label baskets.  They would also be great on a layout, card or slipped into your project life album.

Lisa




No comments:

Post a Comment

 
A Piece of Cake Designs Blog, All Rights Reserved
Blog Theme by Mod Melon Creative