A Piece of Cake Designs A Piece of Cake Designs home FAQs view cart

Friday 8 February 2013

New month= new kit! Yippeeee!!!

Hi again everyone!
have you all started to get back into a normal routine yet? I am only just beginning to. My youngest has just started school and i can tell you it was a bag of mixed emotions with me. I was rather emotional about it all. Not having any more babies at home, having to go back to study and work but also happy and proud as she went off without tears and full of confidence. Made me feel like I have done something right!!!
Now onto some inspiration using this gorgeous new kit! How awesome is it??!!! I loved everything about it!!!! Once again I have 4 layouts to share over the next few weeks so let's start with a fun one!

This is a layout of Will on AFL grandfinal day last year! He is a big Hawthorn supporter and I had organised a scrap weekend in a nearby town. At my retreat was a very clever lady "Bronny Kosch" who does fantastic face painting and she offered to paint not only Will's face but my daughter's and my two nieces faces!

                                                                      So cool....?!!!


                                                                Here is my layout......
 As you can see once again I have started with a white cardstock background and used various mists, texture paste and stamping to create a fun background! I then cut some triangle/arrows from the patterned papers in the kit ( I did use some scraps from a past kit her also as I need some yellow) to make a feature and highlight my photo! I LOVEd the little 'studio calico" stars, alphas and arrows too!!!!
So just a simple layout but heres a tip.......I used a small star punch to cut some small stars from my glitter piece of trim!

Next is another fun, boyish layout!  This is a christmas day photo! Will got from Santa an X Box game called Skylanders giants. These colours worked perfectly for my photo on a kraft background!

 Lots of strips of pattern and colour mixed with all the gorgeous embellishments in the kit. You don't need to always use large pieces of patterned papers. Cutting lots of different ones ( I have once again added a few different ones from my own stash) is a gun and effective way to bring lots of colours and patterns to your layouts. Add is some misting and stamping and there you have it!
LOVE these little arrows found amongst the studio calico alphabet! I just added the 3 brads in the kit to the middle of them!
This "cherry flair" wasn't one of the ones in the kit but it is available to purchase as an extra! LOVE, LOVE it!
I have used the speech bubble paper to cut out some cool word strips for my page too!
Well hope you find these inspiring and you too are getting in some scrapping time! Be back soon with some more shares!

Eb xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
A Piece of Cake Designs Blog, All Rights Reserved
Blog Theme by Mod Melon Creative