A Piece of Cake Designs A Piece of Cake Designs home FAQs view cart

Thursday 28 February 2013

Finally I am back!

I am so very sorry! I had planned on sharing these weeks ago but life has turned into a crazy, busy circus this past week or so with Maya breaking her arm at school so we have so many appointments of plaster changes and checks! I have also returned to study and although its only 2 days a week it is taking a little adjusting trying to fit it in, search for work, do my homework and the kids!!!! And I am missing my scrapping terribly but we all know how life can get in the way sometimes! However Raquel has just sent me next months kit and I am itching to create with it! it is GORGEOUS!!!!

But I am here now to share another two layouts using the equally as fabulous kit from this month!

I have tried to make this a little more feminine yet still my grungey style! i loved these series of photos of Maya walking so carefree on the beach.

I adore this film strip by Tim Holtz! I have added a few of the "studio calico" stickers, some dress making material, some misting and some more cut out stars from the glittery trim!
The grey frame you see is cut from the inside of one of the 'Echo Park tags". The rest of it is framing my centre photo!


Once again I have used the gorgeous flair button and YES! I have used a flower!!! it doesn't happen much these days but here you go! LOL!!

The title is cut from another tag from the "Echo Park" paper! Instant title!!! I also cut a circle from the vellum and placed behind my central photo! I am falling back in love with vellum! Who would have thought!!!?


This next one is using one of my instagram photos. Do you scrap yours? I love scrapping them. I feel like it makes me scrap more of the every day happenings in our life rather than just pretty, portrait style pics!
This is Will waiting excitedly to go on his Grade 3 camp!

I have created some interest on the patterned paper with some masking and misting and some texture paste.
I have cut the various patterned papers and some scraps of my own into circles and layered them around the photo.
I stamped the number three with an old "making memories" foam stamp. I am so glad I didn't get rid of these as I am starting to use them again!


Another close up of a fabulous flair button and a cut out from the studio calico speech bubble paper.

Well thanks for popping by, see you again soon, Eb xx

2 comments:

 
A Piece of Cake Designs Blog, All Rights Reserved
Blog Theme by Mod Melon Creative