A Piece of Cake Designs A Piece of Cake Designs home FAQs view cart

Saturday 23 February 2013

February Guest - Leonie Neal Dawson




Wow, Leonie sure has scrapbooked up a storm with this kit! I am loving all the different techniques we are seeing in her shares too:)

Layout title: taking speckies on mum




On this layout Leonie has cut a window from the black cardstock and used the vellum as a window. She has added silver colour shine to the background and created her own chevron embellishment stickers using the glitter tape.


The journaling boxes was from the Carta Bella Photo freedom paper, such a versatile piece!


This next page is another amazing creation by Leonie! Check out those buntings, glitter tape, washi tape, geotags, film tape, oh my! Loving it....



Heres some close up details:



About these layouts in Leonie's words:
Both these turned out almost the same design wise, not intentional,  I think I'm just liking this arrangement of photos and clusters of PP and embellishments at the moment.
With the first one I cut a window from the cardstock and backed the vellum behind it.
Arrows and chevrons are popular at the moment so I cut my own from the glitter strip and then added some of the SC stickers and scattered the sequins and stars about.

With the second layout up til now I hadn't used much of the washi so I wanted to put it to good use.  so I made a banner with it and the twine from the kit. I wanted a really full, textural banner so I used as many of the elements in the kit as I could the film stip, glitter tape, sequins and even some of the exclamation marks from the wood veneer alphas.
I tried to use the banner as a link between each of the photo and paper clusters and then added the flowers and flair that I had left over.  I cut the centre from some of the carta bella frames and framed my photo's with these.



There are some more kits in store here:


I have one last share coming from Leonie VERY soon :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
A Piece of Cake Designs Blog, All Rights Reserved
Blog Theme by Mod Melon Creative