A Piece of Cake Designs A Piece of Cake Designs home FAQs view cart

Tuesday 8 January 2013

January Kit Inspiration

Hi there! Happy New Year!!

I am so excited to back this year sharing some creativity with you using these gorgeous kits!
This months kit was like every month...AMAZING! Raquel does a brilliant job at selecting the perfect ingredients to these kits. So much so that this kit sold out in minutes!!! WOW!
Also now Raquel has been busy making one of my favourite embellishments, "Cherry Flair Buttons". How cool are they???/ LOVE them! And when you buy the kits you get three exclusive ones!

So to kickstart your creativity this year I want to share two layouts with you. One is christmas themed but the other is not.
I am not a person who likes to use traditional christmas products on a page so I love the variation of colours in this kit!
The first one is photos of my two cheeky children! I loved the different expressions on their faces. Will has a naughty look and Maya a sweet, nice look so that is where the title comes from!
The first thing I usually do is add some misting. I have used a contrasting yellow this time.
I have then used various strips of the patterned papers along with some ruled black pen lines to create a cool background on my cardstock. I have added a couple of strips of some washi tape that I had in my own stash and just used an arrow stamp of my own.
I loved the Crate paper tags. I used them on each layout, So easy, just cut them out and use as awesome photo matts or as cool additions to your page as I have done here.
I also used lots of the cute hearts on the Studio Calico sticker sheet. I then just highlighted them with my black pen.....easy embellishment and so effective. You could paint over them or mist them too if you wanted.
I have also

 Speaking of misting you can see that my letters are not the same colour as in your kit. Well I decided I needed my title to be brighter so I grabbed some green and red mist and sprayed my letters! Just pop them in a misting box, spray your choice of mist colours and allow to dry.
Before I adhere them to my page I just drew a rough circle with black pen to make my title stand out.
                                              There you have one simple layout!


This one is a non christmas themed layout because i wanted to show you how versatile this kit and all the kits can be.
I have based this layout on a challenge over at the  'Scrap the boys" site.

This month the challenge is to scrap a layout featuring your son's favourite holiday/summer activity and use that to inspire your layout

So here it is. I do apologise though as I struggled to get a good photo of it:/


You can see I have used all the bright coloured papers and cut them into strips once again.I have used a tag again and cut some stars with the papers.

I added some modelling paste and some stamping to the background for interest and used a lettering stencil with some paint. I have also used some left over cardstock that I used when I was cutting out some circles on my cricut and some arrows cut from scraps of black cardstock.
But you can see you are no limited to only creating christmas layouts!

Hope that kickstarts your year creatively! Eb x

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
A Piece of Cake Designs Blog, All Rights Reserved
Blog Theme by Mod Melon Creative