A Piece of Cake Designs A Piece of Cake Designs home FAQs view cart

Saturday 3 November 2012

STEP BY STEP and a must see TUTORIAL...

Hi again, I am back to share a step by step with you and a tutorial on how to make your own stamps!


                                                                 Here is my layout!


Are you ready to go!?

Step 1: Use some white cardstock and a template of your chaoice and add some misting. I have used a chevron mask by WOW and tattered angels "Aquamarine mist" I have just sprayed randomly and have not covered the entire page.

Step 2: Use your Echo Park paper that contains the various tags I have used and cut them out.

Step 3: Add in another layer of masking . This time I have used a lettering stencil and some pink paint. Lay the stencil sideways in the spot you want it to go as I have. Dab over with pink paint. Don't worry if it doesn't turn out perfectly. Once it is dry you will draw over the letters in black pen. 

Step 4: Now start with your photo and begin placing the tags you have cut out out previously  in the same spots as I have. I have also used small strips of the pink paper underneath these tags. Also the balck and white strip is from the barcode area of the paper.

Step 5: To colour the manilla "MY LIFE" tag I have just rubbed a stazon ink over the top. You could do the same or mist , paint, whatever you like in whatever colour you have available. 

Step 6: Now, once you are happy with the placement of all the strips and elements you can adhere them in place. 

Step 7: Tear of a piece of your washi tape and then tear into half so you have two zig zag pieces and stick them as I have on your layout. I have also added a small piece of red and white chevron tape. You could add something else if you don't have anything similar. I have also cut off a barcode from one of my papers and used that too!

Step 8: Add your button, brad , hearts and twine. I have attatched my twine with staples but you could use glue or tape if you prefer. 

Step 9: I have used the pink "Basic Grey" letters to add a small title.

Now the fun part!

I found this cool way to make your own stamps and I gave it a go!!!

So here are mine, although I didn't have a small wooden block to adhere to. But I am loving them so i hope to make more!!!
So easy and I have all this foam I bought years ago!!!
Here are mine and where I used them on my layout!



I hope you enjoyed this layout! See you next time! Eb xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
A Piece of Cake Designs Blog, All Rights Reserved
Blog Theme by Mod Melon Creative