A Piece of Cake Designs A Piece of Cake Designs home FAQs view cart

Tuesday 6 March 2012

March kit inspiration + recipe sneak


Hey, Tam here with my first bit of inspiration from the gorgeous March kit.  I really love how Raquel has chosen people with *completely* different styles for the design team - and hopefully you can be inspired by both of us!

The aqua cardstock in the kit was so lovely and I really wanted to keep this layout simple to highlight the vivid colour.  I added a bit of interest to the background by cutting a chevron pattern from the offcut cardstock and then mounting it on dimensional foam.  Don't you love the effect?

(You can click on the picture to see a larger version)

I can be a bit challenged when it comes to twine, so here I used a tiny bit dipped in glue to make a heart embellishment.  I really love how it turned out - I'll be doing that again!



And the Elle's Studio pennant tags are the perfect little finishing touch along with a cute little exclusive Cherry button!

And while I'm here, how about a little sneaky-peek of the layout I'll be providing the 'recipe' for.  I'll be giving you the low-down on this one so you can use your A Piece of Cake Designs March kit to create a layout just like mine, or even use the instructions as a starting point to create your own unique layout.


Stay tuned to the blog, as Sam will soon have some inspiration to share with you too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
A Piece of Cake Designs Blog, All Rights Reserved
Blog Theme by Mod Melon Creative